Primarily responsible for performing or coordinating all internal audits in the Everence Enterprise with a primary focus on Everence Trust Company (ETC) and Everence Federal Credit Union (EFCU).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Internal Audit (0.5 FTE)
1. Perform required ECAP compliance audits.
2. Perform ETC operations and compliance audits and coordinate the work of outside auditors performing internal audits.
3. Perform EFCU branch audits and coordinate the work of outside auditors performing internal audits.
4. Perform audits in other Everence entities as directed by the Risk Management Committee.
5. Coordinate any other internal, compliance or security audits performed by outside auditors or by another third party.
6. Coordinate the work of the EFCU Supervisory Committee and assist in the preparation of agenda for the corporate and Trust audit committees.
7. Update and maintain the exam tracking and exception reporting processes.
8. Perform management tests as directed, such as Reg R testing and email reviews, and other special projects.
9. Participate in the annual financial statement audits, including coordinating responses to questionnaires.
10. Participate in the responses to all regulatory audits.
Risk Management (0.5 FTE)
11. Facilitate the work of the Risk Management Committee and all Risk Management Subcommittees.
12. Administer the corporate insurance program, including analysis, purchasing, claims, and broker relations.
13. Serve as the Business Continuity Plan Coordinator and as a member of the Crisis Management Team.
14. Lead the Enterprise Risk Assessment process.
15. Participate in the vendor management process, including coordinating ETC annual reviews.
16. Prepare required risk management reporting for the EFCU Supervisory Committee and other audit committees.
1. B.S. or B.A. in Accounting or Business, or equivalent experience. Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent experience preferred.
2. Knowledge of accounting principles and the regulatory environment.
3. Experience in the financial services industry, especially in a trust department.
4. Attention to detail and accuracy and strong organizational skills are required.
5. Knowledge of computer accounting systems, query and spreadsheet tools required.
6. The ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, and work with minimal supervision.
7. Respect and appreciate the mission of Everence.