Client Care Coordinators (CCC’s) manage the care for clients of Home Instead Senior Care® (HISC) by coordinating scheduling, communicating between family, client, and Caregiver, and supporting and providing results for any concerns that may arise during the course of care. CCC’s are expected to adhere to all guidelines and assigned duties in this document unless otherwise directed by the immediate supervisor or owner. Quality Care performance reviews will be done accordingly and will reflect every day attendance and performance aspects, including the guidelines contained in this document. If you are unclear on any certain area, notify your supervisor immediately to receive clarification.
Scheduled daily work hours: Client Care Coordinators are scheduled to be at the office by 7:30am and will end at 5:00 pm. In the event that there is a staffing need late in the day or right at 5pm, QC Department will remain at the office and complete any tasks necessary. All team members are required to adhere to this schedule unless otherwise approved by the immediate supervisor or owner, such as for intro’s, Care Consultations or other emergencies. All office personnel are required to clock in and out for arrival and departure of shift, as well as for their lunch break. Each department member is allowed a one hour lunch break and the times will be coordinated between department members.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as outlined in the QUALITY CARE DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS AND PROCEDURES MANUAL.
- Coordinate and maintain complete monthly SCHEDULES for every assigned client, adhering to staffing procedures and assigned staffing timelines. Evaluate and complete unassigned shifts list on a daily basis and check list daily to ensure proper completion.
- Answer incoming calls timely and professionally, directing calls to appropriate person if needed.
- Perform COURTESY CALLS monthly to all clients, active and active/on-call, in order to build and/or maintain relationships with clients or family members. Appropriately log calls and document on client tracking spreadsheet, along with QA visits as performed by QCC.
- Perform on call duties as assigned and scheduled. Log, share and explain all on call occurrences as needed, adhering to ON CALL RESPONSIBILITIES and ON CALL NOTES PROCEDURES.
- Coordinate and perform as needed new CG and CLIENT INTRODUCTIONS, adhering to the INTRO PROCEDURES, and completing the required 24/48 follow up paperwork, proper logging in CLEARCARE, and notating any profile updates or changes and properly scanning and logging schedules.
- Communicate with clients regarding complaints or concerns, making sure to complete CLIENT COMPLAINT FORM as needed and submit form as required attention is needed by RR Department and Owners.
- Communicate with clients and Caregivers regarding incidents as they arise, adhering to INCIDENT REPORT PROCEDURES, FALL PROCEDURES. WORK COMP PROCEDURES, completing INCIDENT REPORTS and informing the appropriate office staff member as needed.
- Adhere to NEW CLIENT PROCEDURES OUTLINE when assigned a new client. NEW CLIENTS MUST BE ENTERED INTO CLEARCARE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIVING PAPERWORK FROM Care Consultation, NO EXCEPTIONS UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY OWNER. Proper completion of steps is important to ensure the highest level of quality care for the client and to ensure that billing can be completed on time.
- Review, scan and maintain all client logs that are completed by Caregivers and delivered to office by QCC or Caregiver. Adhere to CLIENT JOURNAL LOGS PROCEDURE.
- LOG EVERY SINGLE PHONE CALL YOU EITHER MAKE OR RECEIVE FROM CLIENTS AND CAREGIVERS!!! Use correct categories and adhere to LOGGING PROCEDURES.
- Participate in the daily billing of client hours, adhering to the BILLING PROCEDURES. Be sure to check on and correct all time issues with Client and Caregivers in a timely manner.
- Participate in all weekly and monthly department and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in or attend any Caregiver meetings or other Caregiver activities or events as scheduled.
- Conduct and perform any Service Inquiries or Care Consultations assigned to you.
- Designated Trainer will perform all training of Caregivers and families as scheduled. This will include any skills assessments, new hire training, on-going Caregiver training or family training that Home Instead Senior Care® sponsors or provides.
- Adhere to all outlined policies and procedures included in the Administrative Employee Handbook, Standards of Conduct, Internet & Cell Phone Usage Policy, General Office Do’s & Don’ts, Office Staff Call-Off Procedures, Telephone Answering Procedures and any other office procedures not individually listed in this document, either in place currently or adopted in the future.
- Complete all assigned reports requested by immediate supervisor and owners, including monthly client tracking spreadsheet and daily staffing reports.
- Demonstrate satisfactory attendance at all times. In any healthcare related field, there must be certain considerations taken in regards to time off and time worked around the major holidays. All team members are expected to take into consideration the fact that this company is a 24/7 service and we must be available to our clients at all times. Being considerate of others in regards to time off requests and adhering to a first come, first serve policy is required of all team members. PTO is acquired at every pay day has to be used for all time off requests if available. Once PTO is exhausted time off without pay will be considered during the year and as to when it is not appropriate to take time off. All time off requests are subject to supervisor and owners approval.
- Demonstrate satisfactory performance at all times. Performance of the above referenced job duties and daily responsibilities will be reviewed periodically and will play a role in determining any pay raises, bonuses or other incentives that are received. Revenue based incentives are determined separately. It is expected that each team member will go above and beyond to perform their assigned job duties to the best of their ability and to promote and grow the business and culture of Home Instead Senior Care® in the community in a positive light.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Product Quality Assurance