UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function provide legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations, risks and privileges of the organization. Protect the organization's rights in contract negotiations, settlements and litigation. Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and the specific business practices of this particular business within UnitedHealth Group so as to best advise senior business leaders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Execute delivery of legal services and related support to Community and State’s Medicaid and Government Program’s business
- Collaborate with colleagues across the UnitedHealth Group legal department
- Proactively identifying and resolving legal and related matters
- Assisting in the review, preparation and negotiation of various products, documents and contracts
- Participating in and leading negotiations with key customers and vendors
- Developing best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks
- Supporting the development and delivery of new products and pharmacy initiatives
- Working in partnership with the Compliance team
- Counseling senior management on strategic business initiatives
- Managing outside counsel
- Fostering key regulatory relationships
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 4+ years of legal experience
- Expertise, judgement and presence to advise senior leadership on legal matters
- Ability to provide timely and responsive legal support for business partners located in Central and Eastern Time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Relevant legal experience in health, law, commercial insurance, Medicaid Managed Care, Dual Special Needs, Medicare, pharmacy, litigation, government bids, provider or health care legal support
- Experience with regulatory agencies and administrative experience with state insurance regulations
- Excellent understanding of health insurance and/or managed care industry
- Proven success in collaborating across a large, matrixed business and legal environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business problems and ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
- Ability to drive results
- Excellent work ethic
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to gain acceptance from others on a plan or idea and achieve bottom line results for the company
- Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented workplace
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under time constraints
- Comfortable taking ownership and accountability for projects
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.