DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise production team members performing production operations and must be thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the team member handbook, safety manual, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment. Instills good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that visitors may be received in the plant at any time.
- Evaluate probationary team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc. Recommends candidates for hire, promotion and demotion transfer or release.
- Responsible for maintaining manpower within the assigned department at authorized levels. Re-assigns team members on 'down equipment' to eliminate unfavorable labor variances.
- Observes production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment: takes corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Continuously analyzes the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design communication and reporting, cost controls and makes recommendations to plant superintendent for disposition.
- Consults with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc. Documents any and all problems and provides action plans to production superintendent/manager for disposition.
- In case of emergency, direct team member to their assigned safe area.
- Process all required forms in a timely manner for payroll and Human Resources (i.e. employee status form, timecards, reward, etc.).
- Contact Engineering and Maintenance for required repair work.
- With the Plant Manager and Operation Manager, study operation where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective action.
- Develop among the assigned team members a consciousness for the need for teamwork to attain departmental and Athens objectives.
- Support and carry out Adient's management philosophy and vision.
- Attend safety and quality meetings when needed.
- Safety: Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Relations Department and Manufacturing Engineering Department and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements in order to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation.
- Duties also include assisting in the day-to-day management of the Environmental Management System. Following all environmental work instruction and / or cleaning up spills or other duties required of the Environmental 1st Response Team.
Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience, a bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate employees in a multi-cultural environment
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate can write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate can compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Candidate can apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate can create visual aids for communication purposes.
Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. With approximately 75,000 employees in 33 countries, Adient operates 208 manufacturing/assembly plants worldwide. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design to engineering and manufacturing - and into more than 20 million vehicles every year.
- Computer Literacy
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Diversity Awareness