AZZ Industrial Services is searching for a General Manager to lead our SMS Business Unit based in St. Perterburg, FL. Following are details of the position.
The General Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership for Field Services business unit by working with the Executive Management Team and other business leaders to establish long-range goals, strategies, and plans. Responsible for P&L including, but not limited to, the delivery of both top line and bottom line budgeted financial results of the operating unit which are achieved through the effective management of multi-functional departments. Provides day to day leadership and management to the organization through planning, directing, organizing, and controlling activities.
B.S. degree in technical discipline, business or equivalent experience; MBA preferred. Should have experience in specialty repair & overall solutions, field engineering, sales and management.
Skills and experience:
- Prior General Management experience preferred. Six plus years as an Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Account or Sales Manager, and/or other management supervisory position.
- Operational excellence; track record of consistently and reliably executing business strategy utilizing KPI’s, Lean and/or Six Sigma tools.
- Working knowledge of company specific equipment and applications and experience in account development. Must possess good PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ensures that all personnel adhere to the Company’s operational, ethical, standards of conduct, safety, EEO, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Recommends, implements and monitors the annual operating budget and establishes necessary controls to meet financial objectives.
- Maintain contact with current customers to keep up with upcoming projects.
- Promotes safety, environmental and operational policies and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely completion of company, customer and regulatory paperwork requirements.
- Meets on a regular basis with direct reports, including but not limited to managers, field supervisors, safety representatives, and others as applicable to maintain an informed staff and develop a participative management environment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must have the ability to personally inspect/monitor work sites to include, but not limited to climbing and inspection of vessels at high levels; i.e., 90 feet or more.
- Domestic travel averaging up to 40%.
- Office environment with moderate on-site project evaluations.
- AZZ core values consist of ethical and talented people doing the right thing for our customers and fellow employees every day. AZZ’s success and reputation has been built upon a foundation of the highest social standards and business ethics. Managing expectations is a core value in doing what is right and AZZ’s high regard to Corporate Social Compliance is fundamental in what we do; nothing compromising the value of our adherence to our ethics and the laws governing the international business world. Simply stated, operating with integrity and with high ethical standards is what AZZ strives for as our way of doing business. Our Corporate Social Compliance consists of guideline and policies for dealing with customers, suppliers, other employees, competitors and the public with integrity and in an ethical and appropriate manner.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback