Are you a Senior Proposal Writer who enjoys the challenge of writing proposals and working on a collaborative team? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established company that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? Maximus has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Proposal Writer position within the Proposal Operations Group.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Proposal Writer will be to work with the Proposal Manager, Business Development and Operations Personnel to plan and deliver major proposals to a wide range of Government clients at locations worldwide. This position is a highly visible role that works closely with senior leadership, capture personnel, and operations management to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals typically valued between $20 Million and $1Billion.
We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Maximus is dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer an extremely varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects with an opportunity to learn new things every day. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference. Formal proposal training and/or certifications (e.g., APMP) preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete post- submission reviews, scoring submitted proposals and proposal materials against an agreed upon quality scorecard to ensure responsive proposals that conform to best industry practice for competitiveness and design.
- Maintain the currency of documented policies and procedures, to include ensuring development, adoption, and ongoing maintenance of policies governing proposal standards; processes, procedures, and methods for continuous improvement, i.e., spot checks, post submission reviews; and the development and endorsement of tools and templates to support efficient operations as well as proposal effectiveness and success.
- Make recommendations related to individual and follow-on training for skills remediation and enhancement to ensure processes are developed and people are using them in a uniform way across the department. Additional responsibility for development, delivery, and upkeep of orientation and new-hire training.
- Facilitate lessons learned roundtables, including trend analysis of win-loss data support.
- Regularly report on win-loss trending and make recommendations for course corrections as well as relevant process and procedure changes, to include recommendations for remedial and skills development training.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 10-12 years of related professional experience
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Proposal Writer (Remote opportunity)
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.