Job Details Job Location
The Garlands of Barrington - Barrington, ILPosition Type
The Server is responsible for providing the highest level of dining and beverage service to customers of The Garlands, while building trusted and valued relationships with the customers and providing additional services that meet and exceed their expectations.
- Interacts with customers to ensure their satisfaction, build relationships and gain insight that is helpful in meeting their needs and serving them at the highest level of quality.
- Ensures that the dining experience, presentation and sequencing of food, table settings and surroundings meet and exceed the expectations of customers.
- Provides additional assistance to customers as needed (e.g., walk Member back to apartment/villa, bring food to them when they are not feeling well, etc.).
- Supports other dining and kitchen Team Members by cleaning, maintaining and restocking stations and completing related responsibilities so that the transition from one shift to the next is seamless.
- Describes menu selections and wine pairings, answers questions and seeks additional information from Executive Chef, Dining Room Manager, and/or Director of Hospitality, if needed, in order to provide customers with all the information needed to make their selections.
- Inputs data into POS system.
- Maintains cleanliness of dining rooms by vacuuming, dusting, etc.
- Works collaboratively with all Team Members and takes whatever action is necessary to provide the highest level of service to all Members of The Garlands.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMMUNICATION
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills and communicates effectively while conveying patience and understanding.
- Treats all customers with dignity and respect and establishes a trusting relationship with them, while maintaining confidences.
- Creates a pleasant environment by setting tables appropriately and clearing dishes throughout the meal on a timely basis and by continually maintaining the cleanliness of surrounding facilities.
- Presents food and beverages in a timely manner and in the appropriate sequence.
- Learns about menu selections and their preparation along with wine pairings, and communicates them thoroughly and descriptively to customers, answering questions and researching and presenting additional information, as needed.
- Cleans, maintains and restocks stations throughout the workday and at the end of the shift. Turns over stations to other Team Members so that each new team begins their shift with stations in impeccable order.
- Demonstrates knowledge of The Garlands’ entire facility and directs customers appropriately, according to their needs.
- Inputs data into the computerized ordering and billing system accurately and timely.
- Reads and contributes to FYI Information Board which indicates out-of-stock and other important information.
- Completes Daily Log accurately and timely.
- Completes Concern Reports accurately and timely.
- Completes Incident Reports accurately and timely.
- Completes assignments on Daily Duty Sheets accurately and timely.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 6 months experience similar to a restaurant is required.
- Must be a flexible, highly customer service and people oriented individual who demonstrates compassion, patience and understanding and is willing to do whatever it takes to provide the highest level of service.
- Must be well organized with the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and changing priorities, while maintaining an upbeat, customer service focus.
- Must be a team-oriented individual who enjoys working collaboratively with others, creating a positive and uplifting environment, and communicating effectively at all levels.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, initiative, follow through and sense of timing is required.
- The ability to learn and use the computerized ordering and billing system is essential.
- Experience having worked in a restaurant or lounge is a plus.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and professional demeanor.
- Must have the ability to learn and apply knowledge regarding food and beverage preparation, presentation, sequencing of food, table set-up and maintenance of station and dining facility.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs. (trays, large coffee pots, dish pans, pots, silverware, dry storage, linens, etc.).
- Must be able to stoop as well as stand and walk continuously
- Must be able to move arms and hands in various directions to clean tables and workstations
- Must be able to lift and move tables and chairs, boxes and other containers
- Must be able to use sharp utensils