To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Specialist
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Herndon, VA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Reston, Virginia (VA) area is seeking an AP Specialist. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full life cycle Accounts Payable, including vendor's source documentation, routing invoices for approval, set up vendors, verify invoices and prepare for voucher entry
- Determine and assign proper general ledger and project number codes to all invoices and other requests for payment ensuring compliance with company policy
- Process Accounts Payable checks and ACH payments; maintain paper and electronic vendor files
- Obtain and maintain W9s on vendors and prepare annual 1099 filings
- Verify and process subcontractor invoices
- Verify the accuracy of Accounts Payable data and make any necessary corrections and adjustments
- Record company credit card transactions and reconcile credit card accounts
- Review and process Travel & Expense reports in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and Federal Travel Regulations
- Handle vendor discrepancies and reconciles vendor statements
- Communicate with internal employees and external vendors regarding approvals and questions
- Respond to vendor and employee inquiries
- Record daily cash transactions
- Assist in preparation of journal entries, month-end closing and account reconciliations
- Make recommendations to improve processes, create efficiencies and standardize business practices
- Document and implement approved recommendations, striving for increased efficiency and cost reduction
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices for government contractors
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related accounting experience; at least 2 years in a government contracting environment (not as a federal employee)
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting practices including US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government contract accounting experience with an understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and FAR/DFAR
- Must have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and successfully handle multiple tasks
- Strong problem-solving and organization skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- This position requires the ability to maintain an excellent level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Proficient with desktop computing platforms and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of Unanet Financials and Project Portfolio software a plus