For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Telephonic Transplant Nurse Case Manager RN, you will drive positive outcomes by supporting a diverse member population with education, advocacy and the connections to the resources they need. This is a telecommute / work from home position.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm. Shift requires 1 day every other week to be worked until 7pm.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members
- Making referrals to outside sources
- Coordinating services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Utilizing Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Making welcome home calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of New York
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses
- 3+ years of nursing experience as an RN
- Experience as a Case Manager for an insurance company OR Transplant experience in hospital setting
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Access to high speed internet from home (broadband cable, DSL or fiber optic)
- Dedicated workspace from home
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Reside in a compact RN license state
- Experience working in a Critical Care, ICU or Oncology setting
- 5+ years of Transplant experience working as an RN
- Background in managed care (MCO) or insurance setting
- Case Management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience/exposure with discharge planning
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Transplant Nurse, Case Manager, RN, Nurse, Telecommute, Work from home, Solid Organ, Stem Cell, Bone Marrow, Oncology, ICU, Med Surg, New York, NY