To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Nesco Resource • Detroit, MI
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for developing strategy and implementing the company's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Sustainability Programs. This position will lead and execute safety, environmental compliance and sustainability efforts. This position will be responsible for establishing and overseeing health and safety standards. This position will select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function by performing the following duties:
• Management and administration of all Environmental, Health and Safety systems at the Detroit, MI plant.
• Contributing member of site leadership team.
• Ensure compliance with EHS and Facilities regulations and codes and acts as primary point of contact to regulatory agency / government authorities.
• Manage the employee safety training program, including developing and delivering training curricula, and selecting and evaluating outside consultants/trainers where necessary.
• Ensure proper Management of the Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response programs.
• Establish and manage comprehensive ergonomics programs.
• Support development of site EHS budget.
• Conduct site audits for compliance with company global standards.
• Lead and influence on day-to-day programs at each site, including new employee orientation, and regulatory record keeping/reporting.
• Review EHS metrics and conduct trend analysis.
• Be a safety advocate. Proactively look for opportunities to improve safety programs and educate and inspire employees to do the same. Drive and implement changes as needed.
• Evaluate new hazardous materials to ensure compliance in EHS requirements and facility procedures. Maintain the site's chemical inventory and SDS files.
• Participate in incident investigations, ensuring root cause and countermeasure identification is completed to eliminate future injury. Review and analyze accident data to identify trends or areas requiring additional focus.
• Drive a focus on safety utilizing lean tools (5S, Gemba, Visual Management, root cause analysis, kaizen, etc.).
• Lead the site Environmental, Health and Safety Committee.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of federal and local EHS regulations, including OSHA and EPA.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
• Demonstrated ability to determine training needs, organize and/or conduct training.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, including the ability to interact with outside regulatory agencies.
• Good technical and project management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and daily responsibilities.
• Ability to make decisions and work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to develop and foster creative and innovative solutions.
• Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
• Ability to influence, inspire and motivate others without authority.
• Results oriented.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science, or related scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering.
• 5 years in safety or environmental health and safety (EHS) role.
• Experience in local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
• Technical and practical knowledge of biotechnology and/or manufacturing is highly recommended.