Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Radiology Technician coordinates and performs diagnostic radiology procedures utilizing computerized medical imaging equipment as ordered by the physician.
Office Location: 621 W. Brandon Blvd. Brandon, FL
- Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age-specific and other developmental needs of each person served
- Performs a variety of quality radiology procedures using utilizing CR equipment
- Correctly formats images, prints films / CD, and sends to the PACS
- Processes, logs and tracks over-read reports and film / CD requests from outside providers
- Provides radiation protection to patients and staff, consistent with current Texas Department of Health standards and regulations
- Maintains supplies, checks equipment status daily and reports any problems that could change the workflow
- Maintains all equipment and paperwork in compliance with TDH standards and regulations as coordinated through the Radiation Safety Office
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences or other accepted and approved equivalent
- ARRT registered; must meet continuing education requirements to maintain credentials at all times
- Licensed by the Florida Department of Health and meet continuing education requirements at all times
- 1+ years of experience as a radiology technologist
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Associate's degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a radiology clinic with focused experience performing x-rays
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Radiology Technician RT WellMed, Medical Office, Managed care, WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Radiology Technician, RT, MRI, ARRT, MRT, AMA, C-Arm, Brandon, Seffner, Riverview, FL, Florida