To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
- Phone: 336.812.9855
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Global Sourcing Lead
CRG • Charlotte, NC
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position: Global Sourcing Lead
Location: Charlotte, NC
Company's strategic sourcing mission is to rapidly create shareholder value by effectively managing enterprise-wide spend best-in-class strategic sourcing approaches and managing ongoing supplier relationships. Strategic sourcing is a systematic disciplined process for reducing the total cost of ownership of purchased materials, goods and services while simultaneously improving supplier responsiveness and quality.
As the Global Sourcing Lead, you will report directly to the Vice President of Supply Chain and will be accountable for all International sourcing strategies for direct material categories for Company business units. You will develop alternative sources in low cost countries such as Asia (China, South East Asia), Europe (including Eastern Europe), Middle East, South/Central/North Americas and other potential sources in North, South America or Eastern Europe with a focus on cost efficiencies, product quality, innovation and the most effective supply chain models to service this business model. In this highly visible position, you will work closely with the Procurement & Strategic Sourcing leaders in the development and execution of sourcing initiatives that result in lower costs to Company by leveraging the world-wide supplier market for materials & components purchased.
- Lower enterprise-wide spend and optimize total cost by developing & implementing Best Cost Country sourcing strategies for direct materials and subcomponents for Company extensive product line
- Form and lead cross functional teams including procurement, engineering, logistics, and legal personnel in the execution of global sourcing
- Identify & pre-qualify off-shore and near-shore suppliers
- Optimize business processes to enable global sourcing & material delivery
- Develop and manage international supplier relationships to maintain high performance, meet business unit operational goals, conduct joint process improvements, gain market intelligence, and ensure competitive pricing
- Act as lead negotiator for all major global business contracts
- Partner and educate divisions and business units around global sourcing process, to protect their interests and minimize their risks
- Develop performance-based contracts that reward or penalize the ability to achieve business needs
- Continually research, assess and document market characteristics and internal demand for key commodities. This includes major competitors, cost drivers, indices, leading indicators, best "buy" strategy, supply and demand seasonality, risk, historical trends, potential substitutes, distribution channels, and other pertinent information necessary to identify opportunities for price concessions and process improvements
- Evaluate current state and develop, improve and execute a world class commodity/supply chain strategy to improve quality, cost, delivery, and financial performance
- Own & achieve Sourcing Savings goals for identified cost savings initiatives. Work with manufacturing partners, strategic sourcing manager, engineering, and operations to choose/develop sources that meet both cost and lead time goals, support inventory goals and scale capacity
- Incorporates effective planning and project management to develop strategic commodity strategies that include: Domestic and International Sources, identification of strategic partners and maintain and exit suppliers, insourcing where appropriate
- Negotiates long term agreements with best in class price, payment terms, quality levels, and delivery terms for purchased products in compliance with corporate objectives
- Manages risk by establishing supplier business continuity plans and identifying, forecasting and minimizing financial risk through the balance sheet review process. Reviews and plans cost reduction and cost avoidance strategies
- Identifies new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support product ramp, new product development, cost reduction requirements, and/or supplier performance issues
- Manage supplier review process and deployment of supplier scorecards for critical suppliers
- Minimum of 10 years strategic sourcing experience of which 5 years must be in international sourcing of materials, products, and components. Specific experience in sourcing fabricated steel products/components, plastic products, and sub-components for the waste equipment (or similar industry) is preferred
- Demonstrated multi-cultural knowledge & first-hand ("in country") experience in conducting business in a respectful & ethical manner in foreign countries
- Demonstrated experience successful "Make Vs Buy" analysis resulting in cost savings
- Extensive experience in identifying & prequalifying new, international suppliers
- Detailed knowledge of tariffs, duties, and import / export regulations to assure compliance and minimize costs
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain. Master's in Business preferred
- Experience operating successfully in a highly matrixed environment with a high degree of organizational agility
- Experience in multicultural negotiations, contracting and supplier management activities required
- International travel experience required