Capriccio Grill Manager, Capriccio Grill Assistant Manager and Capriccio Grill Supervisor.SUPERVISES:
Specialty Restaurant, Kitchen/Stewarding service areas.
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions.
- under variable noise levels.
- around chemicals.
Internal: Staff in Capriccio Grill, Bar, Kitchen/Stewarding, Cashier, Housekeeping, Front Desk, Guest Services, Engineering, Security and PBX.
External: Hotel Guests and Visitors.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures/ and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Maintain positive associate relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities in order to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- scheduled daily activities and in-house groups.
- hotel extension numbers.
- hours of operation of each outlet, ambiance, menu selections and price range.
- Be familiar with all menu items, specials, 86'd items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the Restaurant.
- Place newspapers in designated areas for breakfast as specified in departmental procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code of the restaurant.
- Prepare station chart and assign stations to staff following departmental procedures.
- Set up Host(ess) station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times. Report shortages to Manager.
- Get reservation from room service before the dinner shift begins
- Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available. Update menus and wine lists as changes occur.
- Inspect the Restaurant environment and entrance area, ensuring that all standards are met; rectify any deficiencies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Inspect tables and stations, ensuring that all set-ups meet the department standards. Check throughout meal period and relay deficiencies to respective associate and follow up on corrections.
- Guide the Servers and Buspersons in table set-up, ensuring optimum service to guests.
- Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently.
- Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; menus should be presented open. Extend pleasantries.
- Pull out chairs for ladies.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated associate for follow up:
- Check for any special notes for tables, such as cake orders, and make sure to communicate them to the associate and to the manger on duty
- Check for special request for certain table numbers or the Private Dining Room.
- Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant and invite them to return.
- Ensure tables are cleaned and reset and that chairs are free from crumbs before seating guests
- Complete closing duties as assigned.
- Oversee and check completion of staff's closing duties.
- Oversee all aspects of restaurant during absence of Manager and/or Assistant.
- Legibly document pertinent information in restaurant logbook.
- Be familiar with operation of POS system and manual system procedures.
- Assist in set up of room and service of food and beverages to guests as assigned to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Assist in cashiering procedures where time demand exists.
- Take, record and relay messages in accordance with standards.
- Complete storeroom requisitions as assigned.
- Obtain cigars/cigarettes when requested by guests.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
- Attend menu and wine tastings as scheduled.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute arithmetic.
- 1 year experience in similar position dealing with the general public.
- Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize, organize and follow up.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand and anticipate guests' service needs.
- work cohesively with associates as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- provide clear, pleasant telephone communication with proper grammar.
- promote positive relations with all individuals who approach the restaurant and contact restaurant by telephone.
- think clearly and quickly, maintaining concentration and making conscience decisions in pressure situations.
- read, write, count and understand diagrams.
- understand and execute all safety and emergency procedures (fire, crowd control, inclement weather, bomb threat, etc.).
- satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Restaurant service experience in a similar market.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Previous culinary training.
- Knowledge of a foreign language.
- Certification in CPR.
- Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for restaurant clientele.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
- Previous guest relations training or experience.
- Exert physical effort in transporting food and beverages up to 50 pounds to and from outlets.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach overhead, full arm's length.
- Remain in stationary position for 1 hour throughout work shift.
- Ability to walk and stand for the scheduled shift on a marble floor.
- Ability to move freely within the Capriccio Grill and kitchen areas.
- Ability to bend, squat and reach frequently.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other associates or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- Attention To Detail
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service