UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You want to do work that really matters. We want to bring more health resources and better solutions to the most vulnerable and least served members in our communities. This sounds like the perfect match. In this role you can work with state and federal government agencies, physicians and other providers, to bring greater care to more than three million people. Make a difference in the lives of those in your own community and a career with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan will allow you to do just that! Your performance will be rewarded!
**** This is an outside/field sales position ****
*** Base Pay + Commission ***
If you are located in the state of MA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Apply strong sales acumen skills in generating and closing leads
- Develop and manage relationships to reach business goals. Interact with senior population and conduct presentations at senior groups, churches, their homes, etc. to sell and promote Medicare product
- Build professional relationships with doctors' offices, community-based organizations, faith-based groups, etc. to obtain referrals
- Meet with eligible participants with the goal of enrollment and presenting product information
- Manage time for appointments, lead generation, territory development, build relationships, present health benefits, etc.
- Manage travel and territory efficiently to produce maximum results
- Enroll eligible aged 65+ MassHealth Standard members into UnitedHealthcare's Senior Care Options (SCO) Plan (HMO Special Needs Plan - SNP)
- Meet monthly sales goal as set by leadership
- Execute excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to be compassionate while selling
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as it relates to meeting enrollment goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- State life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources or religious/faith-based organizations
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel within designated sales area
- Willing and able to travel locally up to 100% of time within this assigned Massachusetts Suffolk/Middlesex/Norfolk county area
- Live within the Boston, Lowell or Quincy MA market area
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Active Massachusetts state life/health insurance license
- Bilingual English and Albanian
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Outside sales and/or territory management experience
- Health or managed care experience
- Experience working LTSS and/or Medicare
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Long Term Services Supports, LTSS, Medicare Sales, Outside Sales, Field Sales, Medicare, DSNP, Bilingual Albanian, Fluent Albanian, Massachusetts Health Insurance License, Seniors, MassHealth, Senior Care Options, SCO, HMO, Special Needs Plan, SNP, Boston, MA, Lowell, MA Massachusetts, Quincy, MA, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home;