To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Wastewater Process Engineer
CH2M & Jacobs • Birmingham, AL
Posted 23 days ago
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs Birmingham, Alabama office is seeking a senior-level wastewater process engineer to support our US South and Alabama/Northwest Florida consulting team collaborating on design tasks for municipal clients. This position will primarily be engaged in completing plant process evaluations, conceptual design, detailed design, and modeling assignments on wastewater treatment facility projects across the US. The position offers the opportunity to take on a lead role predominantly serving our extensive client base in Alabama, northwest Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana, but also supporting projects throughout the country and the world when called upon. Our organizational structure offers the unique ability to emphasize continued development of technical skills as a focus for career advancement. Our communities of practice offer the ability to network with peers across the company for collaboration and innovation.
- Assist with design and planning for wastewater projects, including evaluating alternatives, and performing preliminary/detailed design.
- Conduct engineering analysis: identify problem, develop solution methodology, seek and engage quality control/ quality assurance, interpret results, develop alternative solutions, and presentation of results.
- Prepare engineering specifications, data management spreadsheets and databases, drawings, and perform calculations in support of engineering activities.
- Supervisory responsibility to provide technical direction to a team of junior and mid- level engineers in multiple offices.
- Function as a technical specialist who develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- Conduct field investigations and condition assessments to identify process needs and solutions and perform construction inspections.
- Prepare reports, studies, and calculations.
- Participate in business development activities for new business related to wastewater treatment.
- M.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
- At least 10 years of experience as an environmental engineer primarily in the wastewater treatment field
- Professional Engineers license in the State of Alabama (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Proficient in biological process modeling (e.g. BioWin, Sumo, GPSX, etc.)
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong data analysis and technical problem solving skills
- Outgoing and positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask in a fast-paced office
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Doctoral Degree in Environmental, or Civil Engineering with a focus on wastewater treatment
- 15 years of relevant experience
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Developing People through Challenging Projects.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>