Job Posting Title
Warehouse ManagerPosition Summary
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing the flow of all finished product in and out of the plant to include: production and inbound shipments receipts, customer shipments, interplant shipments, inter-warehouse shipments, and maintaining control of all inventory on-site including ingredients, packaging, and work in progress. Supervises hourly employees in support of storage and shipping functions and outlying functions of quality inspections, equipment/facility maintenance, and warehouse sanitation.
Responsibilities, Opportunities and Challenges:
- Directly supervise, coach, and mentor 3 Supervisors, 6 Clerks, and 31 indirect employees.
- Manage employees in safe and efficient finished product warehousing, outside storage, special packaging, and all inbound and outbound shipments
- Ensure all inventories on hand are handled properly in SAP throughout the reconciliation process and month-end closing
- Manages flow of finished products away from production operations
- Maintain dock and storage facilities in an organized manner
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures, good manufacturing practices, and safety standards
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of production/warehouse management experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Strong SAP/ERP/WM/Master Data abilities strongly preferred. Experience with warehousing programs required
- 2 - 5 years of proven experience managing inventory and order reconciliation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations or related strongly preferred
- Superb people skills in mentoring, coaching/counseling, motivation, performance management, and employee relations.
- Exceptional analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision making abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities including presentation skills with recommendations and data
- Ability to drive continuous improvement, provide accurate reporting, and utilize data
- Experience in project management, lean, and continuous improvement environments strongly preferred
- CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) or related credential strongly preferred
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work varying start times and weekends dependent on business needs.
Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Warehouse Inventory Management