The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
The Senior Accountant performs ongoing duties related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, general ledger and financial statement preparation, and must have the experience and ability to manage processes for multiple client entities. The Senior Accountant reports to a manager in the Accounting/Finance Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively supervises accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable (when necessary)
- Reviews monthly bank and investment reconciliations
- Monitors client cash flow
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger
- Effectively performs light treasury management
- Prepares quarterly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Assists executive management with preparation of annual operating budgets and other special financial analysis
- Assists with the underwriting of new insureds
- Coordinates the annual financial audit
- Interfaces with clients and other staff to collect and prepare financial data.
- Provides suggestions and gives and accepts feedback positively.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; and maintaining personal networks.
- Effectively communicates with manager and Director of Accounting with regard to work assignments, absences, and other matters concerning the department.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize in order to meet deadlines.
- Effectively provides training and supervision to client-assigned Staff Accountants
- Four-year degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least five years accounting experience or increasing responsibility
- Supervisory experience beneficial
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of accounting theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office. Competence with manual and automated accounting systems. Excellent spreadsheet, keyboarding, 10-key, and data entry skills.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance, and to apply mathematical reasoning and analysis.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral expression and comprehension.
- Sound administrative skills.
- Professional integrity and the possession of tact, perseverance, and common sense.
- Commitment to the preservation of confidential information.
- Team player that accepts work appropriately and in a professional manner, and assists others as needed.
Compensation is $66,113.00 - $92,250.00 commensurate with knowledge, education, and experience.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable