Assistant to the Pressman Job Summary: A local printing company is looking for a assistant to the pressman. Join a company where you can grow and become a part of a great team. Learn to be an apprentice in a growing industry and a great company which offers fantastic benefits.
Assistant to the Pressman Responsibilities:
- Assist pressman in operation and maintenance of press.
- Fill press supplies at end of shift.
- Obtain general understanding of printing process, printing machines, and press crew responsibilities.
- Maintain production, quality standards, and report as determined by company.
- Complies with all safety regulations and work rules.
- Performs general housekeeping in working area.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by lead, supervisor and/or manager.
Schedule & Pay:
- 11:00PM-7:30AM with OT as needed, ability to work two hours before the shift and some Saturdays
Assistant to the Pressman Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Prefer experience in printing manufacturing.
- Maintain a working pace equal to the output of machines.
- Follow explicit orders and job specifications.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract and count accurately.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
- Strong mathematical skills (especially in measurements).
- Mechanical aptitude and team-player, strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds and/or move 100 plus pounds
Location: Kentwood, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Evaluation hire
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit: http://www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx