8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general direction of the Talent Acquisition Leadership, this position will provide support for the home office recruiting process for all assigned positions. This will include the development and execution of effective recruiting strategies and targeted sourcing; the development of strong partnerships among customers, candidates and teammates; and the delivery of exceptional customer service to both external and internal customers.
What you will do – Essential responsibilities
Execute and support the recruiting process including, but not limited to:
- Understanding the position requirements of assigned roles and identifying relevant talent
- Conduct initial intake meetings in order to gain a solid understanding of job profiles and recruitment needs
- Develop and execute effective recruiting strategies; proactively sourcing and identifying passive & active candidates through sourcing strategies with a strong focus on networking, relationship building and the use of the most up-to-date recruiting technologies
- Schedule and conduct phone interviews on prospective candidates
- Present a diverse slate of candidates whose qualifications align with the job qualifications discussed initially during intake meetings
- Build effective partnerships with customers, teammates and hiring managers in order to influence hiring decisions meetings
- Attend and participate in company-wide activities associated with personal, professional and organizational development
Build your success on ours
As a self-starter, you’ll always be busy and never stop learning in our fast-paced environment supporting the growth of our CarMax team. Everyone’s contribution counts in delivering a great experience for customers so your attention to detail and team skills will be highly valued. You’ll benefit from being part of a team that respects and shares experience and knowledge. We’ll bring out the best in you as you bring in the best to our team.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience, including at least 1 year of sourcing or recruiting experience required; 2 years of full life cycle recruiting experience preferred
- Previous experience administering multiple processes at a time while meeting required deadlines
- Ability to set and manage one’s own priorities, and adjust to change in direction from manager
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in a clear and timely fashion over the phone, through email and/or face-to-face meetings
- Proven track record of successfully building and maintaining strong relationships
- Understanding of executing a sourcing strategy or plan required; experience executing a sourcing strategy preferred
- Experience with a range of recruiting channels
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support workload across multiple time zones
- Four year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone Phone number blocked - click to apply ext. 3888 or email Email blocked - click to apply.
Attention To Detail