To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Technician IV
PAE • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 26 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldEngineering Technician IV
Duties: General Functions:
- Provide support to the Atlantic Targets and Marine Operations Division both on the east and west
- Responsibilities to include boat operations, maintenance on both mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge of NMEA standards and experience installing and maintaining marine electronics from various manufacturers, to include radar, VHF Maine radios, GPS, AIS, Depth Sounders, Autopilots Navigation Systems, Weather Systems, Satellite TV and network.
- Initiate and maintain documentation of installations and maintenance on support craft. Submit reports of target usage and status following operations.
- Ability to use basic test equipment – multi-meter, oscilloscope, RF power meter, cable testers.
- Ability to assemble and install various RF coaxial cables, CAT-5e/6/6a computer cables, fiber optic cables.
- Shipboard support to include knowledge of launching and recovery of small boats.
- Applicant must be able to perform said duties with minimal supervision.
- Position will be a part of an established Marine Operations division that supports multiple other
- systems on a variety of projects nationwide.
- Candidate can expect to be trained to participate in functions beyond normal operations.
- Basic knowledge of marine electrical standard
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening.
- Ability to travel 50% 0f the year, both land-based and at sea
- Ability to obtain a passport.
- Possess valid state driver’s license, Commercial Driver License is a plus.
- Physically capable of transferring between vessels at sea.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic Micro Soft Office proficiency.
- Minimum 8 years general mechanical and boat operations experience.
- General knowledge of boat operations, mechanical and electrical operating system.
- Experience with driving pickup trucks with trailers on the road and in enclosed or limited spaces.
- Ability to configure, operate, and maintain Portable Command and Control Unit (PCCU) and SeaCAN System for remote control of High-Speed Maneuverable Seaborne Targets (HSMSTs), Ship Deployable Seaborne Targets (SDSTs) (Jet skis), and QST-35 56 – foot Target Drone.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Trade school training (30 semester or 45 quarter hours).
• Professional certifications/licenses a plus.
U S Citizenship required
Must have the ability to obtain and hold a US DoD Interim Secret Security clearance
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.