Navistar Defense is a leading North American Defense truck manufacturer with great products, strong market positions and best-in-class distribution through our Navistar, Inc. truck relationship. For years we have had a 100% commitment to doing what it takes to satisfy our customers, and our commitment today is as strong as ever. We are rededicated to strengthening our core businesses. It all starts with a comprehensive approach and a team effort from our employees. So, we’re looking for exceptionally talented and results-oriented individuals to join us and deliver on our promises to our customers, employees and shareholders.
Successful candidates manage all Purchasing activities with respect to assigned commodities and product development programs to ensure business objectives are met. The individual represents purchasing on a cross-functional program team and facilitates overall sourcing, quoting, target cost, tooling, logistics, packaging, supplier quality and supplier readiness. This is a highly visible, very challenging and rewarding position in a supportive, fast-paced environment.
In this role the Supply Chain Manager, Cost Analyst \u2013 Defense Group will be responsible for:
Position Purpose and Requirements
- Work with the platform team to develop and execute the commodity strategy for the office that supports the overall strategy for Procurement
- To effectively manage purchasing requirements for product implementation, and program launches
- Analyze product costs, understand underlying cost drivers and implement cost reduction initiatives to maximize savings
- Build and manage relationships with cross-functional teams, vendors and management
- Purchasing liaison to Quality, Service Parts, Manufacturing, and Engineering
- Prepare and deliver informative and persuasive presentations to top level management and cross-functional teams
- Provide data to support fair and reasonable price justification in compliance to our Contractor Purchasing System requirements
- Negotiate with internal customers and external suppliers to maximize results for Navistar Defense
- Build strong strategic partnerships with military component suppliers to ensure that product quality, on time delivery and service levels are met
- Perform technical evaluations of contractor's proposals, make recommendations and determine fair and reasonable regarding direct labor hours, support hours, headcounts, facilities, and tooling.
- Provide advisory, analytical and negotiation services to the Director of Contracts relative to the cost or price of contractual issues concerning a contractors submitted proposal, either solicited or unsolicited.
- Forecasts price trends, economic factors and efficiencies in production for future accounting periods using analytical techniques such as random sampling, cost models, learning curves, and parametric cost models.
- Perform detailed analysis of the individual cost elements of a contractor's proposal.
- Reviews and evaluates contract price proposals for adequacy and compliance with laws and regulations, and with the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Requests, coordinates and integrates into a comprehensive pricing report the various technical evaluations of cost elements. (Working with Corporate Accounting team members or rates)
- Keep up to date on changing FAR/DFAR and PGI pricing requirements
- Support pricing activities from procurement team members
- Travel to vendors business location required
- Support contracts in proposal phase
- This position will report to the Purchasing Director for the Defense Group
Performs supply chain and logistics functions, such as material procurement, production planning, inventory control, outsourcing, vendor selection and distribution. Creates integrated processes among internal functions (e.g., operations, purchasing and logistics) and outside suppliers. Responsibilities are within the Supply Chain Management function as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- 1 year lead experience
- Master's degree and at least 6 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- 1 year lead experience
- At least 10 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- 1 year lead experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Ability to travel at least 20%
- MBA Preferred
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills
- CFCM or CPCM a plus
- Experience with US Government procurement regulations, including FAR & DFARS
- Experience with US Government audit regulations, including CPSR, Commerciality, F & R.
- Experience with Military Ground Vehicles / Engines / Components a plus
- Experience with Sourcing components, discovering competitive options and negotiating deals
- Ability to effectively cope with change and to handle ambiguity
- Excellent time management skills \u2013 can organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet specific deadlines
- Ability to establish relationships and encourage cooperation between organizations
- Ability to follow-up and drive for results/resolutions
- Customer Focused \u2013 is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Work effectively in a team environment
It's Uptime at International
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Time Management
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job Posting
#CB, #LI-POST, #MNSTR
Material Requirements Planning
Continuous Improvement Process