Supplier Quality Engineer
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer for one of our top clients in Blue Ash, OH
- This individual will actively collaborate with Strategic Sourcing/Procurement, R D, Engineering/Technical Operations, Quality, Operations, business partners/stakeholders, and external suppliers to implement solutions and improve supplier’s quality and overall service and performance.
- In this role, the individual supports the development and execution of plans/strategies, and implementation of systems, processes, and procedures to ensure robust supplier/purchasing controls with regards to the determination, selection, qualification, monitoring, and disengagement of suppliers.
- S/he proactively identifies, develops, and leads the investigation and resolution of supplier-related challenges, and implements appropriate Quality Engineering methodologies, statistical techniques, process capability analyses/improvements, DOE/process optimization, and other technical or Process Excellence PEx tools in support of supplier-related changes, risk management, product/process transfers, innovations, and continuous process enhancements to improve supplier reliability, minimize risks, and ensure sustainable sources of material supply capable of meeting or exceeding Quality, Compliance, and Business requirements.
- Lead, develop, and implement and execute supplier/purchasing controls and associated activities including Approved Supplier List management.
- Develop, Monitor and analyze supplier performance metrics, identify areas of opportunity, communicate supplier risks, and drive the resolution of supplier quality issues and risk control processes.
- Analyze quality data and identify trends impacting risk benefits requirements of product and quality systems for external suppliers.
- Participate in discussions to drive resolution
- Participate in and/or lead the identification, selection, qualification, monitoring, and disengagement of suppliers for Supplier Quality Management.
- Collaborate with suppliers and business partners to ensure robust materials, products, processes, and systems.
- Partner with Procurement, R D, Engineering/Technical Operations, Quality, Operations, and Suppliers in the timely investigation, resolution/prevention of supplier-related issues to minimize/prevent business disruptions.
- Implement supplier change management process including change notification, dissemination of information, impact assessment, approval of changes, and supports material/supplier qualifications.
- Lead and Execute the assigned Supplier Quality related projects and activities JJOS, ESRM as applicable initiatives with limited supervision.
- Prepare Supplier Quality Agreements and drive Non-Conformance and CAPA investigations with supplier and internal stakeholders while consulting Supplier Quality Manager.
- Utilize Project Management methodologies to plan, organize, connect, shape, lead, and deliver results for SQM projects.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to develop and optimize supplier performance working in conjunction with the Worldwide Supplier Quality Management Team.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US41ALEF_BH1606940
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Engineering Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Engineering Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is focused exclusively on placing skilled engineering professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time engineering jobs across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines, including:
Kelly Engineering Resources employees work more than 6 million hours in positions ranging from chemical engineers to robotic technicians to R&D specialists to AutoCAD® designers.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile