As I&C Technician, selectee will provide implementation, troubleshooting, and startup services in PLC based architecture and SCADA systems.
They will install, maintain, test, and repair all instrumentation, controls, meters, electrical machinery, and auxiliaries for a district energy plant, distribution system, and customer facilities metering.
Direct and develop subordinates as assigned. Work Environment:
Spends 100% of time in operations/maintenance environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions. Must meet intensely compressed schedules and deadlines in a proactive and timely manner. Possible Work Hazards:
Employee will be exposed to extreme temperatures; equipment noise greater than 85 db; and hazards such as high-pressure steam lines and rotating equipment. Employee will be working with and thereby exposed to water treatment chemicals. Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, and other protective gear required to perform job duties.. Physical Demands:
Amount of time spent – Standing 40%, Walking 25, Sitting 35%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and enter confined spaces. May be required to use ladders or stairs.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally 60 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 3 years’ recent experience in the Instrumentation & Controls Automation
• Programming and troubleshooting knowledge of Allan Bradley, and Honeywell programmable logic controllers (PLC)s
• Programming and troubleshooting knowledge of installed SCADA applications.
• Understanding of communication protocols (Serial and Ethernet based)
• Proficient with Microsoft server Operating Systems including servers.
• Good understanding of MS SQL server
• Knowledge of electromechanical systems, to include control, indication and operation of chillers, boilers and auxiliary equipment.
• Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license and insurable by Company's vehicle insurance carrier
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience in the Energy and Utility Industry
• Experience in boiler and chilled water plants controls
• Knowledge of Building Automation Systems
Employee Orientation, Departmental Operating Procedures, Safety, OSHA and Quality Training.
Must become proficient in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).Forklift Certification if required at site. Work toward higher level Boiler Operator certification. May perform more advanced functions as part of training and development.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)