We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
Supervise molding operations on 3rd shift by setting goals, organizing and assigning work, training employees, and maintaining a productive work environment in order to meet established production schedules. Ensure all safety, quality, and productivity processes and procedures are followed within areas of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
- Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
- Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
- Supervise, plan, and coordinate molding operations on assigned shift to maintain production schedules and quality and cost standards and to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure quality of work, efficient material and work flow, proper use and care of equipment and machines, and proper application of production methods.
- Select and train employees in molding operations. Evaluate work performance and counsel and coach employees to maintain safe and efficient work performance.
- Organize and assign work to utilize employees’ knowledge, skills, and abilities to the best advantage to expedite work schedules and obtain efficient work performance. Maintain close observation over operations, providing guidance to employees concerning proper mold making.
- Maintain adequate supply of raw materials, production supplies, and tools to support continuous operations. Maintain related inventory records, as required. Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order.
- Analyze equipment or machine problems, quality problems, and production delays, expediting repairs and/or corrective actions to minimize downtime and work schedule interruption. Coordinate equipment repair with maintenance department, as required.
- Prepare molding operating budget for assigned shift and administer and control budget during the business year.
- Maintain open communications with employees and work with employees to mutually resolve problems to enhance morale and promote a union-free environment.
- Maintain conformance with Company policies, work rules, and regulations, coaching employees and/or initiating disciplinary actions, as required.
- Maintain awareness of improved operational methods, production processes, or equipment which improve quality and efficiency and reduce cost.
- Enforce the proper use of safety equipment and maintain departmental housekeeping to produce a safe work environment. Coach employees to reinforce safe work practices.
- Maintain communications with other molding shifts and with other departments to promote efficient operations.
- Secure proper tools for each task
- Communicate suggestions and recommend solutions to problems to provide for an efficient operation
- Approach work assignments in a positive manner and function as a team member
- Perform other assignments as may be requested
Required Skills and Education
- Requires Bachelors Degree
- Three to five years experience
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.