To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Administrator - Server Engineering and Operations
NORC at the University of Chicago • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Become NORC at the University of Chicago's the newest Senior Systems Administrator in our Infrastructure, Security, and Operations team! As a member of the Server Engineering and Operations team, provide day to day technical support and analysis for server/application systems infrastructure-related technologies.
Take responsibility for monitoring, responding, and resolving system alerts as appropriate, offering technical and operational support to senior engineers working on projects. Leverage this growth opportunity to participate in projects that improve system availability, performance, security, capacity, and functionality as you act as a subject matter expert both for your team, as well as other internal and external stakeholders.DEPARTMENT\: Information Technology
NORC's Information Technology department provides technology services to our staff and clients. Given the critical role technology plays in our day-to-day lives, we are committed to delivering professional, high-quality solutions to achieve our collective goal of advancing social science research.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Availability/Incident/Request Management: Responsible for the timely resolution of incidents, problems and request fulfillment. Analyze incident events and escalations from help-desk, determine cause and resolve or escalate to senior technical resources.
- Change and Release Management: Applies sound IT production and change management methods to all areas of supported infrastructure. Adheres to set standards and processes when documenting, communicating and implementing changes.
- Technical Management: Must demonstrate an ability to develop technical expertise in infrastructure technologies and drive towards becoming a subject matter expert.
- Priority Management: Must be able to manage several assignments at one time, balancing resources, priorities, deadlines and time. The work is highly technical and requires collaboration across multiple disciplines and groups. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to work independently and provide support over weekends and off-hours.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field
- At least five years of professional experience supporting a production enterprise with Linux and Windows servers
- Mature scripting and automation skills (Example: PowerShell, Python)
- Experienced in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and administration of server based applications and operating systems on Intel-based platforms
- Knowledge of VSphere 6.5 and above, CentOS 7.6 and above, Windows Server 2012 and above, Active Directory, Exchange, HP and Dell server hardware
- Familiarity working in cloud environments including AWS and Azure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfort level interacting with management, users, and other team members on a regular basis
- Willingness to provide off-hours (including weekends) support for top priority issues
- Experience working independently with minimal oversight, producing high-quality results.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we&rsquo\;re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.EEO STATEMENT:
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.