New Grads Welcome! Flexible scheduling!COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employmentFulltime and Part-timeShift: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm with weekend rotation Job Responsibilities & Functions:
- Provides skilled nursing to patients in accord with physician orders and patient's individual plan of care of established patients including medication administration, wound care, personal care tasks, and other treatments.
- Participates in weekend/holiday schedule rotation.
- Provides "continuous" nursing care to patients as scheduled.
- Provides emotional support to patients/families.
- Documents services at time of care, assures documentation is included or synchronized into patients medical record by end of shift/work day.
- Collects information on patients' physical, spiritual, psycho-social and financial needs.
- Collects information on home environment for patient safety and family's care-giving capability.
- Communicates need for other interdisciplinary services.
- Obtains orders from physician as necessary.
- Confers regularly with the supervising RN/Case Manager.
- Communicates effectively with all team members.
- Supervises volunteers, if necessary.
- Shows working knowledge of Coastal Hospice policies and related state, federal and accrediting regulations.
Requirements Education and Work Experience Requirements: COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current license from the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Nurses or compact state as appropriate.
- Proficiency in patient care skills and symptom management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with RN to make sound nursing judgments.
- Possesses sight/hearing senses to function with or without prosthetics use that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Possesses the ability to lift, push, pull, or move patients, equipment, supplies, etc. in excess of fifty pounds with or without the use of adaptive/assistive devices.
- Possesses the ability to negotiate level and unlevel surfaces with or without the use of assistive devices.
• Rewarding Work Experience
• A Chance to make a difference in our patients and their families lives
• Competitive Wages
• 403(b) with employer match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Verizon Wireless Discount
• Generous Paid time off including Vacation, MD Sick & Safe Leave & Extended Leave time
• Excellent Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
Applications must be completely filled out.
For Questions about this position, please contact Paula Thomas at
Coastal Hospice complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Health Care
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Records