Apex Systems is looking for an Administrative Assistant for our client in Centennial, CO. This is a short term contract covering for someone out the new 3 months. If there absence continues the assignment could be extended.
Job Duties & Requirements:
- Performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties for assigned supervisor/manager or senior staff member.
- Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining alphabetical, numerical and/or subject files;
- Interviewing callers and making proper referrals
- Arranging meetings and conferences
- Receiving, referring, or answering mail.
- May take and transcribe dictation; uses personal computers and standard desktop software to compose reports, correspondence, and memorandums; reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage.
- Answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- May provide guidance and direction, as needed, to lower-level secretaries and other clerical employees.
- Creates and coordinates high-profile events that require delegating responsibilities to several individuals in preparation of guests, presentation needs, and venue booking and catering.
- Schedules diverse and complex appointments and meetings for upper management that may include organizing and assisting in general preparation for external agencies and vendors.
- Provides guidance and direction to administrative assistants in subordinate offices and advice on office procedures and protocols.
- Composes correspondence based on knowledge of the manager’s views about administrative matters and general office policies for manager’s approval.
- May have to book international travel and coordinate with manager to determine passport/visa needs.
- Pulls reports using software products for functional area and assists in compiling group metrics.
- Provides back-up support to other administrative assistants at different levels.
- At least a HS diploma or equivalent with 6 years in a similar capacity
- Advance-level proficiency of Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Understands how to book travel through online services and decides on the best possible routes to meet the leader’s scheduling needs.
- Possesses outstanding organizational and customer service skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Setting Up Files
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 985289
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile