RN Education Specialist -Adult Medicine SpecialtyDepartment:
Clinical EducationJob Description:Shift: Full-TimeGeneral Description:
As a member of an integrated team of Education Specialists, promotes a healthy professional practice environment and supports inter-professional collaborative relationships within OU Medicine. The Education Specialist serves as a change agent, mentor, and leader and fully supports the Nurse Residency Program (NRP) all professional development activities at OU Medicine.
Identifies, assesses, and prioritizes educational needs, and develops and delivers curriculum to achieve results.Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Under supervision of Clinical Education leaders, works to successfully meet the educational needs of OU Medicine in collaboration with/support of the various nursing, ancillary and support department leaders within the organization
- Provides educational leadership and expertise within OU Medicine to achieve specific outcomes
- Serves on one or more teams accountable for supporting core OUM orientation, NRP and continuing education/professional development activities
- Demonstrates and applies expertise pertaining to one or more of the following standards of practice: education, curriculum development, professional development, orientation/onboarding, NRP, and competency management.
- Works collaboratively with leaders, clinical and other experts, and colleagues throughout OUM to identify educational needs and practice gaps and design programs to address these needs.
- Utilizes evidence based knowledge and standards of practice to plan, design, implement and evaluate educational activities to address the identified needs and achieve specific outcomes.
- Effectively manages processes and fulfills learning needs in order to achieve staff retention and employee engagement
- Maintains clinical competence in their area of clinical expertise and provides support to other clinical areas as the need arises
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of nursingExperience:
Four (4) years’ experience to include combination of relevant clinical/technical practice, responsibility for educational functions/processes and/or leadership accountabilitiesLicensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:
Current licensure with Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. Certification for Basic Life Support (BLS) instructor. BLS upon hire.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Expertise, knowledge and skills to fulfill the full role, including Professional and Clinical Competence, Evidence Based Practice, promoting Lifelong Learning and collaborating with diverse professionals to deliver educational and professional programs. Demonstrates creativity and innovation in assessing for/addressing adult learning needs in an academic medical environment. Ability to work collaboratively in a highly integrated environment, with both direct and indirect reporting relationships. Demonstrates excellence in written and verbal communication. Demonstrates ability to utilize a diverse range technology including simulation to achieve educational goals and outcomes. Evidence of personal plan for professional development and continuous learning.
#cbCurrent OU Medicine Employees - Please click HERE to login.OU Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
Basic Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified