Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for performing the appropriate procedures to verify patient eligibility, coordinate benefits, run test claims and determine patient coverage/responsibility for services and testing and implementation of new plan business.
- Performs Insurance Verification of benefit coverage on all of patient's insurance plans for each service being provided.
- Obtains and documents in the system all information related to coinsurance, copay, deductibles, authorization requirements, etc.
- Creates documentation required to service the patient per policy and payer guidelines.
- Determines estimated patient financial responsibility using insurance verification information and payer contracts and/or self-pay guidelines.
- Obtains initial authorization prior to admitting the patient for all services for any insurance plan that has authorization requirements.
- Obtains reauthorization as necessary, reviews physician orders from pharmacy to determine if authorization is required on changes / additions to therapy for patients that are already on service.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests: Previous Infusion Medical Billing/Collections or Intake/Admissions Experience.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Maintain Indexed Record
Electronic Medical Record
Maintain Medical Record