To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 29 days ago
Apex Systems is partnering with one of our largest clients in finding a Network Engineer to join their team. This person will sit in the Philadelphia location and participate in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
This person should be a hungry learner and must be able to think on their feet. This individual must have an active CCNA and being fresh out of school is a plus as the team is looking for fresh learners.
Title: Network Engineer
Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems (including wireless and VoIP) of moderate complexity. Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering. Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations. Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and interface applications. Monitors protocol compatibility, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvement. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically has 3 - 5 years of IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and/or software), design, planning and implementation.
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations on switches, routers, and other network devices.
• Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
• Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
• Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution and product selection.
• Familiarity with Spectrum, SevONE, and centralized authentication mechanisms, e.g., Free RADIUS (basis for CADA), Kerberos.
• Windows Administration knowledge
• Proven hands-on network engineering experience. At least 10 years.
• Experience with Oracle/MySQL and Tiered Applications
• CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued).
• Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
• Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
• Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
• University degree in Computer Science or a related subject, 10+ years of experience.
• Holistic understanding of networks, systems, and datacenters.
• Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment with minimal supervision.
Other valuable skills:
• VMware-based virtualization.
• Scripting with, Bash, Expect, Python, or Perl.
• Docker and Kubernetes.
• Puppet or Ansible.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Mora Fetterolf at email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178