Hughes Federal Credit Union is dedicated to providing a positive difference in our members’ financial lives. Our commitment to the Tucson community extends beyond our members as we sponsor and support local charities and organizations that promote the financial literacy of future generations. Join our team and see why we have been named a “Best-In-State” credit union, two years in a row!
Salary $15.50 per hour
Effective working of assigned collection queues to meet or exceed established goals. Make professional contact with credit union members to resolve past due status on loans. Accurately document reasons for delinquency and make acceptable arrangements to resolve past due loans. Utilize established policies, procedures, and guidelines to effectively collect accounts, prevent repossessions, and otherwise mitigate risk to the credit union. Adhere to all federal, state, local and internal laws, regulations, and policies in connection with the first party collection of past due loans. Utilize all existing phone numbers in the efforts to contact members. Update addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information. Accurately update the core system to reflect severely past due accounts. Utilize third party business partners in the assistance of collecting on accounts. Notify senior collection staff and/or management of problems or matters that cannot be resolved by the collector. Effectively work assigned queues at a pace established by management and to a level acceptable by management. Identify and help resolve issues involving insurance protecting collateral. Develop and maintain a basic understanding of bankruptcy, repossession, legal, foreclosure, and extension/modifications. Meet or exceed credit union goals as established by management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contact past due members by phone and mail.
- Take appropriate action to resolve the delinquency.
- Provide the highest level of professional member service.
- Basic understanding of bankruptcies, repossessions, legal actions, foreclosures, loan extension/modifications, and collateral protection.
- Maintain accurate documentation of collection efforts.
- Inform management of any collection matters that cannot be resolved.
- Any other duties assigned
- To maximize the collection and/or recovery of credit union assets from delinquent or charged-off loans by meeting 30 and 60 day delinquency goal requirements.
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity.
- To ensure that collection activity is both within credit union policy and all relevant regulations.
- To identify and inform management of potential collections related problems.
- Meet assigned service standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Up to six months of similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a high school education.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Must be able to operate a 10-key calculator by touch. Must be able to use PC spreadsheet software.