The Technical Security Analyst will provide research and analysis service according to or directly related to the scope of work.
- Provide briefings, on analysis results, to members of management, the professional staff, and to the customer.
- Conduct research and analyze data to establish trends, identify threats, vulnerabilities, and potential areas of interest for technical security programs.
- Support TSP by utilizing specialized software provided for data mining and link analysis.
- Establish a fundamental understanding of the Department of Energy (DOE) and TSP operations to include policies, procedures, and data sources available for analysis.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of investigative and intelligence processes to include the intelligence cycle.
- Proactively develop intelligence to provide support in accomplishing TSP objectives and mission.
- Conduct research and analyzes data to establish trends, identify threats, vulnerabilities, and potential areas of interest for TSP programs.
- Provide TSP support by utilizing specialized software provided for data mining and link analysis.
- Plan and initiate studies for original or advanced areas of customer problems and determines the techniques or methods involved that will accomplish the objectives.
- Review reports and other products intended for release to the customers to ensure that technical merit and style of presentation reflect the highest quality.
- Analyze problem studies, problem histories, and prepare technical and managerial reports, including feasibility and desirability of extensions or modifications to the problem, program or system.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- A college degree is not required, but the applicant must have seven (7) years of experience in a specific field related to the scope of work.
- Requires thorough knowledge of the principles and concepts of National Level Analytical and Research Products.
- Must meet and maintain appropriate clearances and Special Access Program (SAP) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative in solving problems and performing complex technical efforts in the specialty areas by conducting research and analysis and provide professional national-level assessments of technical security issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an interest and ability to conduct analysis and report on findings.
- Develop and analyze analytical data, techniques, and methodology for the solution of highly complex problems.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently in providing consulting, research, and analytical products (Classified and Unclassified) on specialized projects that are professional in nature. The ability to plan and manage activities with committed objectives, schedules, and costs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- As required by the contract, must possess appropriate level clearance (Q and TS clearance and SCI eligible).
- All personnel is required to possess an active Department of Energy (DOE) “Q” access authorization to perform under this contract. An active Top Secret clearance from Other Government Agencies, such as Department of Defense (DoD) based upon a single scope background investigation is typically acceptable for clearance reciprocity if the background investigation is less than five (5) years old. It is required that specified personnel have access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical and psychological capabilities are required which allow him/her to perform activities during sustained periods of intense concentration, working with electrical hazards, under adverse weather conditions, in confined and restricted areas. The ability to climb and work at heights; lift and carry heavy loads of at least 70 pounds;
General office environment.
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)