To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stickney, IL
- Cameron Rogers
- Phone: 3126012577
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Assistant
Aerotek • Stickney, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Manages effective employee relations with all employees as it pertains to inquiries on pay, benefits and policies and procedures.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll timely and accurately. Maintains all related records including Etime and Kronos system maintenance.
- Coordinates interviewing process of prospective employees. Facilitates effective recruitment and maintains up-to-date and accurate applicant flow and hiring data.
- Conducts interviews with candidates and makes hiring recommendations.
- Facilitates effective on-boarding programs. Conducts new employee orientations.
- Maintains hourly employee attendance database and communicates to Supervisors, as per the Attendance Policy.
- Administers and tracks FMLA program through 3rd party vendor. Communicates employee leave information to necessary parties.
- Administers hourly job bidding system.
- Is knowledgeable of the Union Contracts as it relates to pay increases, overtime pay rules, disciplinary procedure etc. Maintains up-to-date record of grievances filed and status. Provides Union requested reports periodically.
- Acts as facilities designated source for workers' compensation tracking/reporting. Reports all workers' compensation claims to insurance provider under the direction of the HSE Manager. Maintain all related records.
- Coordinates procurement of temporary employees as needed. Maintains accurate records of temporary employee utilization. Processes invoices for temporary employee services.
- Assists management in preparation for contract negotiations and strike planning.
- Responsible for the creation and upkeep of personnel files. Maintains employee files and data related to employee information. Creates EDFs related to new hires, transfer and terminations.
- Provides monthly period end reporting to management.
- Participates in and assists management with implementing policy, procedures, and practices involving the Human Resource functions
Hours: M-F (Flexible start time between 6am and 8am)
- HS Diploma
- 3+ Years experience in human resources
- Must have an understanding of payroll
- Manufacturing background
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Nice to Have:
- ADP Software***
- Bachelor's degree
- Worked in a union facility
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.