Fully Remote Coder - Anesthesia Specialty
CODER WITH ANESTHESIA SPECIALTY - FULL DESCRIPTION IN ATTACHMENTS.
MUST HAVE PRIOR ANESTHESIA CODING EXPERIENCE
Not just heads down coding, needs to be critical thinkers
Needs to be able to educate clients and provide feedback on charts
- Associates Degree; Bachelors preferred or the equivalent work experience
- AAPC or AHIMA accreditation and CHC certification for respective coding specialties preferred
- 1+ more years in anesthesia coding experience required; academic environment preferred
- Strong ability to adapt to change; takes responsibility for own actions and positioned as an individual that can be counted on to ensure the accomplishment of projects/assignments based on commitments made.
- Strong business auditing skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify, evaluate and report on financial transactions and internal controls. Assess and report on the efficiency and effectiveness of business process and operations.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and drive execution by understanding actions and performance necessary to motivate staff and provide an environment that strives for continuous improvement.
- Represents the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team.
- Fosters a positive teamwork environment, to include, respectful, open communication and management practices while exercising confidentiality of sensitive subject matter always.
- Works well with others; ability to work with and communicate with individuals of varying disciplines.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
Works with 20+ offshore coding team members with tasks that may include, but are not limited to, coding within multiple billing platforms, coding feedback/guidance, coding implementation for new clients, workflow analysis, monitoring of offshore partners, analysis for coding related denials and regular coding audits
- Successfully master all billing/coding platforms that is accessed by the coding team to ensure the ability to skillfully provide feedback, identify and resolve system issues related to coding and monitor production to identify potential backlogs and/or delays in coding
- Develop necessary summaries or reports using Microsoft-Excel/Word
- Presents data to appropriate parties and partners to develop resolutions with domestic and offshore affiliates as necessary
- Works in collaboration with peers, Manager(s) and Director(s) for guidance and reorganization of workflow to ensure internal and external business needs are met
- Participate in meetings with Offshore Partners, internal departments, Client contact(s) to address any issues, concerns, feedback, or education.
- Creates and distributes department wide communications or pathways, notifying staff of updated insurance guidelines/processing information; to include, but not limited to attestations, pathways, QA scores for practices and social text updates
- Identifies educational opportunities for individual and/or team training needs for new or established team members
- Handles escalated client/patient issues that include but are not limited to system changes/concerns, coding denials, policy or guideline changes that may require additional system or technical knowledge
Key Role & Responsibilities (continued):
- Reviews quality assurance reports with team leaders and employees; providing feedback on areas of success and improvement
- Responsible for identifying individual and team training needs, application and assessing effectiveness of training
- Responds to staff question and concerns in a timely, professional manner
- Completes, maintains and processes paperwork necessary for staff and client records
- Ensures that communication regarding corrected claims is sent to the respective departments and confirmation of completion
Measures of Success for the Role:
- Receive/Maintain certifications in required specialties of the coding team
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Exception
- Product Quality Assurance
- Attention To Detail