To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engagement Manager - Education Services
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Chicago, IL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, the UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG’s Education Consulting service line seeks a seasoned educational leader to serve as Engagement Manager for our curriculum development and professional learning team. As Engagement Manager, the employee will provide project leadership and maintain the overall vision of the projects. The Engagement Manager will manage client relationships and coordinate across teams, including client, executive, and project teams. Specific responsibilities and skill/experience requirements are detailed below.
About PCG’s Education Consulting Service Line
PCG’s Education Consulting Service Line works with states, districts, and schools to address a wide spectrum of needs such as curriculum development, design and facilitation of professional development and professional learning communities, school improvement, and program reviews. Recent project engagements have included: the development of the EngageNY grades 6–12 English Language Arts Common-Core aligned curriculum for the New York State Education Department; design and delivery of a system of professional learning for the Connecticut State Department of Education; development of a technical resource center for the implementation of state standards for students with disabilities for the Indiana Department of Education; delivery of a system of comprehensive K–3 literacy professional development and support for teachers for the New Mexico Public Education Department; and the creation of training and resources to support transition to the new standards for the Florida Department of Education.Responsibilities
Responsibilities and expectations of the Engagement Manager include the following.
- Provide overall project leadership for all project teams, located across multiple offices and remotely.
- Maintain oversight and vision for the projects.
- Ensure successful delivery of all aspects of the projects.
- Ensure that the projects are managed optimally to stay within schedule and budget.
- Serve as client relationship manager through frequent communication and on-site visits.
- Interface with the project executive teams, including regular reporting to PCG executives.
- Cultivate relationships with project partners.
- Serve as liaison between the PCG executive team and the client leadership teams.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring top talent to serve on the project team.
- Manage and forecast project budgets.
- Travel as needed.
Required Skills and Orientations
- Commitment to exceptional client communications and service
- Ability to effectively lead teams
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and mitigate risks, as well as identify solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Capacity to navigate internal and external politics
- Master’s degree or higher required; Ph.D. or Ed.D. preferred
- 15+ years of experience in leadership, demonstrating strong upward growth over time
- Demonstrated application of project management practices
- Experience in public education, either as an educator, or in an organization that focuses on public education; previously held positions may include Chief Academic Officer, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, or similar in large, urban school districts or state education agencies
- Expertise with digital teaching and learning preferred
- Experience managing large-scale implementations in large, urban school districts or state education agencies (e.g., district-wide adoption of curriculum)