As a Belt Technician at Applied Industrial Technologies, you will perform a variety of duties to customize heavy duty belts and rubber components to customer specifications either in-house or at a customer site. We’ll ensure that you receive extensive ongoing training and provide you with solid feedback and support to reach both the company and your personal goals. Your work, both individually and as part of a team, will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction and bottom line results!
- Build / repair belts and rubber components
- Install and vulcanize lightweight and heavyweight conveyor belting
- Receive and verify incoming parts, materials, and supplies; maintain stock area, prepare sales orders
- Pick up and deliver orders, stock, and supplies
- Perform duties to fabricate, install and repair conveyor belting, systems, and other rubber products
- Work in a manner that ensures the safety of everyone involved. Exercise proper care in the use of tools and equipment
- Detect and report defective equipment, material and any improper operations or unusual conditions
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations; maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition
- 1+ yr proven experience in field service work, maintenance, or other hands on work
- Organization and prioritzation skills; attention to detail
- Strong mechanical background
- Basic math skills and computer skills
- Strong communication skills written and verbal including use of proper English and grammar
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, as well as ability to work at heights and tight spaces
- Overtime hours and weekend work may be required
- Up to 20% travel away from home including overnight
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and a DOT physical
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Maintenance, belt tech experience preferred
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new processes and systems
When you join the Applied® team, you will enjoy:
- Base salary and bonus opportunities, overtime opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match
- Personalized training & development program
- Career development opportunities
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied ® employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded. Join a great stable industrial distributor with strong performance and growth.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply to let us know the nature of your request.