To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hartford, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Intern- Construction Managment/Inspection
CH2M & Jacobs • Hartford, CT
Posted 28 days ago
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
- Perform routine aspects of construction management requiring knowledge and application of basic construction principles under close supervision.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Assisting in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
- Providing support to business members as needed
- Work under the supervision of a senior Construction Management professional
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their junior year within a Construction Management or Business Management curriculum
- At least a 3.0 GPA is required
- At least one previous internship is preferred
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>