Responsible for day-to-day oversite of nursing operations of the facility and ensures staffing is adequate to provide care. When scheduled, oversees the delivery of behavioral health/nursing services in a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
* As needed, collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment teams, other departments and administration to ensure that all residents' physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
* Enforce and interpret policies for the delivery of patient and resident care.
* Ensure proper staffing for each unit, keeping staff ratio, appropriate staffing for patient care needs/acuity, covering call-offs and vacation time.
* Ensure chart checks are completed, seclusion/restraint log is up to date and nursing assessments are completed, as well as MAR's and report sheets are kept accurate and up to date.
* Rounds are completed at the beginning of shift and perform random audits.
* Assist CNO to make sure all staff are oriented and competent to perform required duties. May include coaching staff.
* Assist CNO by ensuring facility compliance with professional, regulatory and governmental standards.
* Role models expectations related to customer service and demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety
* Ensure the effective delivery of competent, compassionate and safe care by monitoring and evaluating patient care processes and outcomes on the patient care units.
* Coordinate all care rendered to patients, including physician orders and diagnostic information, and ensure consultations are ordered.
* Document medical, behavioral health information and nursing care.
* Administer medications and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Assist in updating and revising the plan of care as goals/objectives are met or when the patient's condition changes.
* Prioritize tasks and delegate staff to ensure quality patient care.
* Leader on shift for all admissions and discharges, as well as informing physician of changes in the patient's conditions. Adjust staffing accordingly.
* Utilize administrator-on-call for situations that require additional attention.
* Provide direct care as needed.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Utilize Nursing Process
- Assign Nursing Staff
- Coordinate Nursing Unit
- Provide Clinical Supervision