Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking aSocial Worker. The Social Worker, whopossesses a Baccalaureate degree (BSW) or Masters in Social Work, who in collaborationwith the multi-disciplinary team, has input in the development of the plan ofcare for those patients requiring social work intervention. Provides medically necessaryintervention to patients who have social or emotional problems which are or areexpected to be an impediment to the effective treatment of the patient'smedical condition and/or rate of recovery. Additionally, provides theseservices in accordance with physician's orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides medically necessary social work intervention in accordance with physician's orders.
- Assesses patient's psycho-social needs, plans for, evaluates and modifies interventions to meet the established patient goals.
- Collaborates with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
- Facilitates patient referrals to community agencies when appropriate.
- Provides financial counseling when necessary to achieve the treatment goals established by the multidisciplinary.
- Assists patient/family/caregivers in planning for present and future psycho-social needs as related to the patient's current status and prognosis including terminal illness.
- Adheres to all Maxim policies and procedures while providing services to patients.
- Adheres to all Maxim expectations with regards to preparation and submission of required paperwork.
- Observes and reports patient progress and/or changes in patient status to physician and appropriate multi-disciplinary team members.
- May be asked to participate in Multi-disciplinary Patient Care Conference, PI Committees, Professional Advisory Board and Maxim in-services programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree in Social Work (BSW) or Masters Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of social work experience in a health care environment in the last two years preferred
- Current health certificate(as applicable by state regulation and/or client requirement)
- Current PPD/TB or chest x-ray (as applicable by state regulation and/or client requirement)
- Current BLS/CPR certification (Telephonic MSW only as applicable per state regulation and/or client requirement)
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer