WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Director, Corporate Sustainability will provide dynamic and innovative leadership to build and lead the strategy for Sustainability within the Global Quality and Operations group at Stryker. This person should have a successful track-record of achievement, strong leadership, and business acumen to be able to work with senior leaders throughout the company. Having a substantial record as a thought leader in sustainability is essential to be able to lead effectively. This person will provide strategic direction and lead the execution of sustainability strategies across business areas, creating value through achievement of environmental, social and governance outcomes that align with our sustainability framework. In this fast-paced environment, this person will establish and lead a Sustainability Council comprised of representatives from regions across the manufacturing network. Strong influencing skills along with a broad knowledge of ESG will engage colleagues in this important work to build an awareness and culture of sustainability throughout Stryker.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience related to sustainability/corporate governance/ESG
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree desired such as MBA preferable
- Knowledge of socially responsible or impact investing within global capital markets
- Deep understanding of current trends in ESG and sustainable investing
- Demonstrated leadership experience in corporate sustainability with a large organization
- Strong project management experience
- Articulate and effective communicator in both writing and presentation
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Previous internal or external leadership positions in the sustainability/corporate governance/ESG industry
- Previous experience with the application of third party ESG or other risk research and data would be advantageous
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
WHO WE WANT:
Sets direction. An innovator who defines ways to create value and deliver on Stryker’s mission and strategic imperatives.
Builds organizational capability. A strategic executive who continuously breaks down barriers, identifying new and more effective ways to accomplish tasks and goals.
Inspires others. A genuine, relationship-focused leader who connects, collaborates and fosters an inclusive environment of enthusiasm, trust and pride. He/she makes others want to follow, building momentum for action and positively influencing outcomes.
Delivers results. A driven player/coach who sets high goals for personal achievement and organizational success. He/she measures success against the best internal and external benchmarks.
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: 40%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Request For Proposal