Voice Network Engineer - Senior
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Orlando, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
• Great benefits
• Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Responsible for planning and implementing enterprise unified communications based projects.
• Responsible for leadership and training to lower level voice network engineers and technicians.
• Senior is responsible for insuring the day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise voice communications network. This includes the installation, maintenance, and management of all voice equipment such as voice servers, gateways, PBX switches, phones, circuits, wiring, servers, backup systems, voice network management and diagnostic tools, etc.
• Assists in developing budgets (identification and recommendation of items), and procuring communications equipment and supplies.
• The Senior Engineer is responsible to assist in the development of company policies and procedures to support voice operations, security, and integrity.
• Responsible for performing system generation, tuning, configuration, upgrades, performance management, disaster recovery, and usage reporting as required.
• This position is responsible to work with all AHS-IS teams to insure proper design of the LAN, MAN and WAN voice and data networks.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• This position requires strong technical skills, strong interpersonal skills, and working knowledge of voice systems, networks, and applications. .
• PC skills are required.
• Understanding of data networking.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Cisco Call Managers
• Cisco Unity
• Cisco Contact Center
• Cisco Emergency Responder
• Nortel PBX and Call Pilot a plus
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• BA or BS in computer science
• CCNA, CCNA Voice
Under general direction, manages the purchase, installation, and support of voice network communications, including voice servers, gateways, PBX switches, contact centers, vendor based services, handsets, voice mail, and support software systems. Responsible for implementation, support, and maintenance of current and future enterprise voice network systems and applications. Must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of industry cabling and circuit types and techniques and to read and understand floor plans and blue prints. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various technical and non-technical factors.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.