To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN 38103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Capriccio Grill Assistant Manager
Peabody Memphis, The • Memphis, TN
Posted 1 month ago
The Peabody Memphis
Assistant Manager - Capriccio Grill
POSITION CODE: PMF142
Responsible for the assisting in all aspects of the Capriccio Grill Restaurant & Peabody Deli functions, in accordance with hotel standards. Assisting with directions, implementing and maintaining a service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective staff. Acts as department manager when the restaurant manager is not on property or is not available.
REPORTS TO: Capriccio Manager.
SUPERVISES: Capriccio Servers, Host(ess) and Busperson, Deli Cashier Food Runners and Culinary Associates.
Restaurant, Kitchen/Stewarding areas.
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- under variable noise levels.
- around chemicals.
Internal: Capriccio Grill associates Bar, Stewarding, Kitchen, Catering, Sales, Storeroom, other F&B Outlets and Managers, Front Desk, Accounting, Housekeeping, Executive Offices, Engineering, Guest Services, Telecommunications and Human Resources.
External: Hotel guests/visitors and vendors.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
- Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 3-5 years experience as an Assistant Manager/Supervisor, preferably in a high volume, fast-paced and upscale restaurant.
- Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service, Russian service, Butler style service).
- Knowledge of proper wine service.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Provide legible communication.
- Must be certified in Manager ServSafe® food handling.
- Must be certified in TIPS Training alcohol awareness within 60 days of employment.
- Must be certified in TRAC training and compliance.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel and Email.
- Knowledge of food and beverage cost controls.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guests' service needs.
- work cohesively with associates as part of a team
- work without direct supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest and associate information and pertinent hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- direct performance of associates and follow up with corrections when needed.
- satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®
15. Ability to comprehend P & L and budget reports and write commentary.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in cashiering/order taking and food service.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Previous culinary training.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
- Previous guest relations training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental and hotel policies, service procedures and standards. Maintain standards in compliance with AAA, Mobil and Preferred Hotels.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate and remain aware of guests' needs; respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities in order to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction. Utilize Critical Moments of Service if applicable.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in restaurant.
- the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- daily menu specials, 86'd items.
- dining room layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range, and dress code and manual system procedures.
- daily house count, arrivals/departures, VIPs.
- scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist with monthly departmental meetings.
2. Attend designated meetings, menu and wine tastings.
3. Expedite on floor or in Kitchen as business demands.
4. Update POS menu changes.
5. Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
6. Access all functions of the POS system in accordance to specifications. Restock journal tape and change ribbons as needed.
7. Assist in updating wine list and vintages.
If interested, click to apply and upload resume!!!