Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Our company is driving marketplace transformation and generating a cultural evolution! This means that many new services, products, programs, practices and tools are being developed every day! To be a part of the excitement, you must be someone who can thrive in such a dynamic environment, while also possessing a naturally positive outlook, solid professional discipline and an agreeable likeability!
You will work among some of the sharpest minds on the planet, including Engineers, Rocket Scientists, Architects and Business Professionals like yourself! You will be a part of deploying the world’s most expansive and advanced satellite technology ever achieved! But it’s our people that define our success and are our greatest assets!
Are you up to the challenge?
The Senior IT Project Manager who joins our EPMO team is responsible for structuring and leading cross-functional, strategic IT initiatives, acting as the catalyst to proactively anticipate, identify and overcome obstacles and drive the team forward.
Our IT Project Managers are leaders that deal with ambiguity, in a highly matrixed environment, providing structure and an environment of accountability to keep teams focused on achieving agreed project objectives on schedule and budget.
Can you drive these processes?
To join our team of Project Management experts, you will need to:
- Orchestrate project portfolios across the organization managing priorities against drivers such as business value, complexity, urgency and risk
- Program Manage across commonly threaded projects, drive and organize priorities, scope, teams and resources to ensure strategic initiatives align with company goals and objectives
- Lead different types of projects including application development and integration, COTS product selection study and implementation, infrastructure upgrades and deployments and operational efficiency improvements
- Be a person who takes charge and can successfully lead others in a positive direction, towards a shared goal
- Be able to pull together numerous aspects of a proposed solution, to create a cohesive and organized plan, motivate resources to execute on that plan, and drive the plan through to its final and committed completion
- Bring clarity to project objectives, plan and deliverables such that conflicts are minimized
- Develop comprehensive project work breakdown structures and associated schedules, resolving project ambiguities as necessary
- Be comfortable and capable managing projects that may have unknowns, ambiguity and uncertainty, which you can sensibly define, structure and convey to others in a clear and organized manner
- Demonstrate your ability to have ownership of your projects, holding others accountable with respect and consideration, while also pushing them to deliver on their responsibilities
- Ability to anticipate, track and clearly articulate risks, changes, opportunities, implications and options, as well as offer sound judgement and recommendations for mitigating program impacting events
- Be comfortable and capable to produce articulate and proficient written documentation, including status reports, correspondences, presentations, illustrations and reference materials
- Develop and deliver communication strategies that convey status, end state and ensure stakeholder expectations are set appropriately
- Direct the project lifecycle with focus on right-size formality while satisfying Intelsat’s SDLC
- Mentor junior EPMO staff and contributing to the definition, maturity and implementation of best practices within the EPMO
You should definitely have:
- Minimum five-seven (5-7) years of professional Project Management experience over large, complex IT initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience commensurate with the responsibilities of this role
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Exceptional analytic skills and problem-solving abilities that enable the candidate to decompose project requirements, designs, and implementation details so as to anticipate and codify these factors in an actionable plan, as well as to enumerate the risks of non-performance and to incorporate prevention and remediation measures within the plan
- Proven, extensive experience managing mid-sized to large dynamic projects with matrixed resources, driving project success without line management authority
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both verbally and written; distill the essence of a complex situation and facilitate decisions that keep the project moving forward
- The ability to work autonomously to understand root cause of a problem and propose solutions to the team or manager
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills such that the sometimes diverse project constituencies believe that their needs were acknowledged and well served within the project/program constraints
- Proven ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Outstanding professional composure and a delightful disposition to support both internal and external customers and vendors; must have genuine nature of conveying decorum and diplomacy
- Exposure to a wide variety of methodologies, project types, and technologies. Experience with Agile/Scrum or other iterative methodologies a plus
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Word. Experience with other applications, such as JIRA, Rally, Clarizen, Asana, and/or ServiceNow a plus.
- Documented examples of projects managed in previous roles. Must include specifics regarding your experience in managing resources, schedules, budgets, customer expectations and broadly scoped initiatives
It would be nice if you had:
- Previous experience supporting ServiceNow (SNOW) implementation(s), including IT Operations Management (ITOM), IT Service Management (ITSM) or IT Business Management (ITBM) preferred, but not required
- Experience and familiarity with satellite communications, satellite-based video & data services a strong plus
- Working knowledge of field services and network operations support systems (OSS) that provide network performance monitoring is highly desirable
- Experience working with multifunctional internal customers and vendors is preferred
- Creative expertise that goes beyond mechanical project management practices
- Strong sense of self-awareness and a proven track record of personal and professional continuous improvement
- Certified Project Management credentials preferred, but not required
- Examples of personal and professional innovation and creativity endeavors
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you must be a bold thinker who will have a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come!
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement and training
- Fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development