JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of grocery/food staples, grocery/food specialty products and convenience store/restaurant supplies to various customer locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Drive tractor trailer and unload product at multiple customer locations.
* Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
* Be responsible for customer satisfaction including on-time delivery of undamaged product.
* Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery.
* Drive tractor-trailer to destination, apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and maneuver vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
* Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations.
* Unload trailer, deliver product into customer premises.
* Use approved procedures and equipment (Driver Delivery Handheld), document delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
* Maintain telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
* Perform any other duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.
* Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
* Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
* Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
* Be able to read, understand, and interpret an extensive variety of related written instructions.
* Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, teammates, and customers.
* Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Comply with Company Work Rules and Safety Rules.
* Ensure attendance and punctuality within company standards.
* Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
* Must be able to drive tractor trailer safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice.
* Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds and handle a hand truck weighing up to 400 pounds when fully loaded.
* Must be able to use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
* Must be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.