Great long term opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer to join a leading manufacturer in the area. Location is onsite and can sit onsite in San Diego, CA, Peoria, IL or Dallas, TX.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute Cybersecurity Assessments on internally and externally hosted solutions, including internal multi-tiered DMZ environments, third party hosted (SaaS), and AWS cloud-hybrid hosted solutions
• Execute assessments of existing solutions, driving alignment/compliance with relevant security standards, policies, and procedures
• Provide consultation on Cybersecurity objectives and compliance with relevant security standards, policies, and procedures
• Advise on processes and methodologies required when evaluating purchased product solutions, developing new internal solutions and outsourcing any IT system or activity
• Partner with Project Managers and Application/Solution Architects to ensure solutions are aligned to Cybersecurity, policies, procedures, and directives
• Continuously improve Cybersecurity assessment capabilities, deployment solutions, and security artifact requirements
• Educate the IT and business organizations on complex Cybersecurity risks and issues
Ongoing Training and Certification:
• Cybersecurity Engineers are expected to maintain relevant certifications and grow as Cybersecurity professionals. This is accomplished through internal and external Cybersecurity training opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• 5+ years previous Information Technology and/or Cybersecurity experience
*Active CISSP Certification
• Understanding of networking protocols and fundamentals
• Previous experience with DAST/SAST
• Previous experience with Endpoint Protection tools
• Previous experience with Threat Model Assessments
• Previous experience with Risk Management
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
- Information Technology
- Computer Sciences
- Information Security
- Amazon Web Services