PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer in Everett, WA.
- Provides the Engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements.
- Works with customers and management to obtain approval.
- Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
- Identifies performance metrics.
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program.
- Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity. Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Lead a Team in performing technical trade studies, design requirements, overall development and project management.
- Provide over-sight of continued development and maintenance of master operating plan and tie into integrated schedule.
- Lead cross functional groups to resolve technical issues and document key decisions.
- Ensure that coordination occurs across teams and between other airplane teams to ensure horizontal technical integration is accomplished.
- Play key coordination role in bringing Trade Studies/Agile Team Decisions to closure.
- Lead the team in successfully planning and conducting key technical reviews.
- Coordinate successful compliance with Gated Management process.
- Lead team in finalizing the baseline configuration and development of a customer options.
- Identify and focal development of mitigation plans for potential design, build and validation problems.
- Work as Product Owner, Team Member, or Consultant to ensure Systems Input/ Integration across the airplane & guiding teams.
- Develop solutions that balance complex customer requests with strategies
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 10+ years’ experience performing complex engineering or integration work.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience leading complex projects.
- Must be a self-starter, adept at leading complex projects and influencing people across multiple organizations.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex scenarios with diverse internal and external -personnel (peers, executive leadership, suppliers and airline customers).
- Strong project and risk management skills/knowledge.
- Highly competent in systems thinking and analytical skills.
- Fosters a healthy, creative and productive team environment.
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfortable with a variable work statement.
- Understanding of larger role of function to airplane/ big picture understanding/ Systems Thinking.
- Previous Integration, or project lead experience is highly desired.
- Previous Production, Flight Test, or Flight Sciences experience.
- SME-level knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations with regards to maintenance, certification, repair, and operation of commercial aircraft.
- Experience with Engineering Integration, leading engineering projects, integration and test activities.
- Experience leading and/or managing complex projects.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer 4 $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- Risk Management