Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Mechanical Engineer IV. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Lead the development of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems. Senior engineers have significant ownership and responsibility within their project team, and will help mentor and guide junior engineers. Supports the development, maintenance or modification/upgrade of system designs. Sr. Mechanical Engineer will design, build, and test the the subsystems used on military applicaiton.
• Design and analysis of components and subsystems for electromechanical and electrohydraulic systems.
• Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
• Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
• Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
• Lead PDR, CDR activities and technical reviews.
• Perform structural analysis (FEA) of static and dynamic loads on equipment IAW MIL-STD-810.
• Develop, and conduct testing to qualify prototype components and subsystems.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor or Master of Science degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited course of study in engineering with a minimum of 7 or more years of experience in working in aerospace and defence industries.
• Experience with Pro Engineer (CREO), Autocad, ANSYS.
• Experience with integration of military systems – including APU, ECU will be plus.
• Attention to detail, ability to make decisions and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively.
• Knowledgeable in manufacturing methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems), Geometric dimensioning & tolerancing and stack-up analysis.
• Must be able to speak/read/write English.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at Phone number blocked - click to apply.
Metal Heat Treatments