ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
UT Level II with experience and documented training in manual and/or Automated Phased Array and Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) with the ability to be dispatched on most job applications commonly requested by our clients.
• Design and build setups
• Set-up and calibrate equipment
• Conduct examinations with appropriate NDE Technique
• Interpret, evaluate, and document results
• Set-up/tear-down of equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and upkeep jobsite
• May direct the work of trainees Level I. Level II and other personnel
• Travel as needed to various jobsite locations both in and out of state; sometimes overseas
• High School graduate or equivalent
• 5+ plus years in all major NDE techniques with some specific advanced training and experience in phased array and TOFD
• Must be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and be able to perform job duties with little or no assistance
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Able to pass a background check and preferably already possess a TWIC card and valid passport
• Must be computer literate and be able to write good reports
• Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access via drug screen & background check preferred
The job is subject to various weather conditions both inside and outside environments in various industries such as nuclear site, petrochemical and oil refineries. There may be some confined spaces work and working at heights. Conditions are often very hot and dirty.
Must be in good physical condition to deal with the stress of working under the adverse work conditions described above. Candidate cannot have a fear of heights or tight spaces. Physical and visual activities include standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stepping, crawling, reaching, twisting, bending, handling, and laying on back as needed. Duties often include carrying heavy equipment (>50 lbs) far distances, up, and down multiple flights of stairs. Must be able to support own weight in roped safety harness. Able to work 40-60 hours a week. May be required to drive a company vehicle pulling a trailer to and from job sites.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (Twic) Card