At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Through collaboration and innovation, our IS professionals lead the frontier in caring for our community. With a focus on storage and data backups, the Storage/Virtualization Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for managing the design, deployment and upkeep of our enterprise data integrity services (Enterprise Backups, Storage Arrays and Disaster Recovery).
The Systems Engineer develops single and multi-discipline infrastructure architectures to address business requirements, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability for new infrastructure or significant enhancements to existing technical solutions. Applies technical assistance in design, development, implementation and management of infrastructure. Works with technical staff to understand and resolve complex infrastructure issues where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various environments. Leads Analyst in planning of infrastructure updates, testing, and validation. Designs a comprehensive documentation repository and infrastructure. Provides work leadership and training to engineers. Responsible for evaluating infrastructure life cycle. Supports solution evaluation and qualification on leading edge technology components. Performs various engineering tests to validate product designs. Acts as a liaison between customers and vendors to gather requirements. Ensures that production schedules are followed and solutions meet business and quality requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following competency and skills:
This is a Full Time, salaried position and offers relocation assistance along with Scripps Health’s award winning benefit package. This position will be located at our newly designed Business Services office in the Miramar area. On-call hours required.Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Manage the day to day maintenance and upkeep of an enterprise storage fabric and suite of arrays
- Capacity management of file and storage solutions
- Hardware failure remediation
- Performance management
- Advanced Support
- Manage the daily maintenance of the enterprise backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Management Protection Groups
- Manage Backup Policies
- Advanced Support
- Understanding of enterprise network concepts and integrations.
- Ability to take direction and operate without direct supervision to complete tasks.
- Ability to review and troubleshoot network diagrams (storage and network).
- Ability to monitor systems and understand proactively remediate issues.
- Ability to work in and enter tickets in ServiceNow ticketing systems.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms to individuals that are not specialized in enterprise storage architecture and virtualization
- Assist the virtualization team with the overall design of the environment
- Start a project and follow it through to completion with minimal guidance.
- Develop Disaster Recovery solutions that accommodate the organization’s RTO / RPO requirements.
- Stay updated of current storage and virtualization trends
- 6- and 12-month storage and virtualization architecture forecasting
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking and excellent customer service skills.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced infrastructure design skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Expert in multiple computing disciplines such as operating systems, virtualization, networking or cloud services.
- Expert knowledge in at least one scripting language.
- Expert understanding of the first 3 ISO layers such as: VLAN Trunking, Routing protocols, spanning tree, cabling standards, or other networking technologies.
- Expert understanding of security concepts such as: DMZ, firewalls, threat protection or packet inspection services.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a healthcare or IT setting.
- 3+ years of experience with architecting, building, implementing, administrating, and maintaining enterprise and mid-range Dell/EMC, Pure and other enterprise class storage arrays and appliances.
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise level storage and backup capacity planning, workload modeling, and predictive analytics.
- Strong understanding of NAS and block storage arrays
- Strong understanding of Cisco and Brocade storage fabric architecture
- Experience with implementation and administration of disaster recovery methodologies and data replication technologies such as XtremIO native replication and RecoverPoint.
- Experience with licensing, implementation, and administration of back-up/restore methodologies Solid using Dell/EMC Networker and other Enterprise level Data Integrity solutions.
- Knowledge of the following virtualization technologies: vSphere and ESXi 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5
- Familiarity with vROPS and ViPR SRM monitoring tools
- Understanding of Layer 2 storage fabric concepts.
- Limited knowledge of the following network technologies: core(layer3) route/switches, edge (distribution layer) switches, VLANs, LACP (Port-Channel, link aggregation), IP connectivity.
- Experience with ITIL processes - Incident Management and Change Management required
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for, only San Diego-based company and Becker’s Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Job:
Information ServicesPrimary Location:
Central San Diego County-SAN DIEGO-SCRIPPS CORPORATE OFFICESWork Locations:
SCRIPPS CORPORATE OFFICES (100_100)
4275 CAMPUS POINT COURT
SAN DIEGO, 92121Organization:
Scripps Health CorpJob Posting:
Aug 30, 2019, 9:11:25 PMBenefit Status:
FT - FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS