With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply and have over 200 people, including over 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ & MHM New England, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
The Billing Specialist will work with Managing Directors, Directors, and fellow administrative staff to facilitate the timely billing and collection of CBIZ New England accounts receivable, both billed and unbilled.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Establish a working relationship with assigned Managing Directors and Directors to determine billing needs and the collections activity level of involvement required for each of their clients
- Initiate follow up with clients as directed by Managing Directors/Directors based on the status of past due balances
- With feedback and instruction from Job Managers and Directors, create, complete and deliver monthly billing to clients
- Submit approved adjustments or write off/up of client account balance to the Controller
- Provide timely WIP and AR reporting to assigned Job Managers and Directors
- Provide copies of invoices, credit memos, or other supporting documents to clients when requested
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or relevant field
- Experience with Oracle, Practice Engine or related software
- A spirit of co-operation and a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to take initiative and to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Tenacity combined with professional follow up and discretion
- Ability to empathize and influence others while staying on task
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree or two years of experience on a specialized subject matter
- Must maintain current required licenses and certifications relevant to field of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Effective customer service skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to work in team environment as well as independently
- Ability to analyze and prioritize multiple responsibilities
Maintain Indexed Record